Relevance
1) When we did the exercise at the beginning of class, of lining up according to birthdates and birthplaces, but we couldn't talk to one another. It made me think about how vital it is to verbally communicate to people around you. Without this communication, confusion arises and not much gets accomplished.
2) When we were talking about different channels of communication and someone from the class mentioned facial expressions it made me realize how much of an affect a facial expression can have on someone. Sometimes we often send the wrong message through our facial expressions; therefore, we make those around us uncomfortable.
Application
In my own life I often have a difficult time communicating with others.Sometimes I feel uncomfortable expressing my own opinion because i sometimes think that I may sound inferior to others. But, I often realize that if I would have expressed what I was feeling then it would have eliminated a lot of confusion, and it would let people know how I'm feeling. That is something that I really need to work on, and I have made it a goal for myself.
Teach
My roommate; Friday night; in our apartment
Report
Friday night my roommate and I were watching a movie and when it ended I expressed something to her that I had never told anyone, and as the conversation progressed we both began to open up and express some of our fears and hopes. She then told me that it felt good to express some of those things with someone, and as sttrange as it may sound,I told her about what I had been thinking about in my communications class about not opening up to people. She then told me how easy it was for her to open up when I did, and it seemed to eliminate barriers between us.
Saturday, January 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment